Take care of your lips! Prepare these natural balms at home
When you feel that your lips are badly damaged, either by weather or other factors, it may be time to give your homemade lip balms a try; these homemade lips balms are made with natural ingredients and hydrate deeply.
The dry, cracked lips with dead skin remains are a nuisance but also, they are unsightly. Therefore, it is advisable to give them the necessary care to look attractive and healthy. However, prevention will always be the best solution.
The natural balms make the lips look soft, hydrated, colored and with a good elasticity.
Make your own homemade lip balms
Here are some recipes for you to make your own homemade lip balm. The preparation is very simple and does not require any extraordinary ingredients that could put your health at risk.
Roses, coconut, honey
The lip balm of roses is excellent to soften and moisturize the lips without side effects. It has a pleasant aroma and ingredients with properties not only moisturizing but antimicrobial; as is the case with honey
- 2 drops of vitamin E.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (2.5 g).
- A handful of rose petals.
- 6 tablespoons of beeswax (60 g).
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g).
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil (5 g).
- 20 drops of aromatic coconut essence.
- Place beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba oil and honey in a container.
- Heat it in the microwave or in a bain-marie so that the ingredients melt and integrate. Then, add vitamin E and the aromatic essence of coconut.
- Finally, the rose petals are added.
- Store in an airtight jar, in a cool, dark place.
Vanilla, cocoa and shea
Vanilla is the special touch of this healthy lip balm that moisturizes and protects your lips from environmental aggressions. For its part, shea butter and cocoa have restorative properties that rehydrate quickly.
This balm can be used daily, especially in winter time or when climbing to the top of the mountain, for example.
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter (5 g).
- 1 tablespoon of shea butter (10 g).
- 4 drops of edible vanilla extract.
- 1/2 teaspoon castor oil (2.5 ml).
- 1 clean and sterilized bottle.
- Put the ingredients in a bowl and heat them in a water bath.
- When they are melted, mix them well.
- When removing from heat, place the mixture in a container.
- Leave the container uncovered for about 3 hours and when it has acquired a certain consistency, cover it.