Having Fresh Savory Spices In Your Kitchen
One way to change your world view for the better is by using fresh spices. Experiencing the sizzle, the exotic tang, and the comforting burn of a savory spice selection of salt and peppers is one way to make sure that family mealtime is never dull.
Put an International Gourmet Cuisine on Your Own Dining Room Table:
Flavouring food with spices is as old as eating and since humans have taste buds as well as a need to eat, have long sought ways to make eating as much an art as a way to achieve sustenance.
The Best spices to Have on Hand:
With the thousands of spices available, it can be challenging to choose which ones to try first. Here’s an excellent list for stocking your spice rack.
- Cumin – Cumin adds a richness and depth to just about any dish, especially if you like an Indian flair. Cumin also cooks and bakes excellently.
- Oregano – The taste of oregano is part lemongrass, part mint, and all flavour. If you dig Italian eats, you’ll need this spice. Oregano is also a great complement to many Mediterranean dishes.
- Cloves – If you’re a Middle Eastern or Asian food aficionado, get your hands on some cloves. These sweet aromatic buds are bursting with a robust and bright flavour. Those who love Christmas treats know cloves go well with vanilla and cinnamon.
- Ginger – Taste it by itself, and you’ll be looking for a drink. Used in dishes, however, and you’ll be craving even more. Oriental dishes demand the pungent flavour of ginger.
- Cayenne Pepper – It’s loud, intense, and hot as ever, but cayenne pepper is a cook’s must-have spice. Beyond its common purposes in salsa, buffalo wings, and chicken, it works great to spice up your sandwich spread and even as an enhancement to dark chocolate.
One thing you’ll want to remember is that fresh spices are better spices. Usually, the grocery-store variety of spice bottles lack the just-picked flavor of Savory spices. Regardless of where you get them, definitely get them so you can discover for yourself just how spicy life can be.